Indian astrology can be understood with following example: While lying down under an open clear star lit night. We often tend to read or try to shift one star from another. And also make up stories that are not even in existence. This is because we are intrigued by the stars. These stars and other celestial bodies are often seen determining our future. Although the term Vedic Astrology is fairly new, but the origins and the seeds of the same are very old. It was believed that Jyotish/Astrology were one of the Vedagana. Or one of the 6 supplementary subjects that were used in support of Vedic rituals.
It was only until the time that Bhrigu (the father of Indian Astronomy) determined the past. During the Vedic Period of the Treta Yug, by mere study of movement of stars and other celestial bodies determined the past, present and future of the humanity. It is believed that he complied about 500,000 horoscopes. And even provided with the details of their daily life. This document was then named as Bhrigu Samhita. The Bhrigu Samhita became the source of further research in this subject.
Indian astrology is the oldest system of astrology in the world and differs considerably from the western system. Indian astrology uses the actual constellations of stars as seen in the sky. Using this system gives a completely different chart as compared to the one used by western astrologers. As the Indian astrology is based on the date, place and time of birth. Get your Vedic Astrology Horoscope on AskGanesha website.
Elements of Hindu/ Vedic Astrology:
The Hindu or Vedic Astrology is one of the oldest Astrology in the world the following are the elements of the same:
- It is the only astrology in the world that studies the movement of stars.
- This uses nine planets or 9 grahas.
- The hindu or Vedic Astrology uses 12 houses or bhavas.
- Accuracy of someone’s birth is determined by Nakshatra. Or the confluence of the celestial bodies and star at the time of birth.
Influence of Indian Astrology on Others:
One of the many Astrologers such as Aryabhatta. He is also a mathematician, studied astronomy to formulate many path breaking theories and theorems. He was the first one to set up an astronomical observatory in sun temple of 6th Century B.C. It is called as TareGana (Counting of Stars).
Important Principle of Vedic Astrology:
- Confluence of Planetary and sign gunas, is one of the important feature of Vedic Astrology.
- Moon Sign is give Importance: since moon takes around 2 ½ days to transit from one sign to another. It is an accurate measurement of horoscope and kundali making.
- Vedic Astrology has a feature that on which naming of infant can be done. The naming of the infant child is done according to her/ his Raashi depending on his/her moon sign and raashi. As each Raashi defines different syllable for naming. This actually gives importance to moon as it governs our mind and emotions.
- It can be said that; it is possible that, two people with same moon sign can have different personality and characteristics. This is because they have a different sun sign.
Difference between Indian and Chinese Astrology:
Indian astrology also differs considerably from the Chinese horoscope. This is based on the year of birth and believes that the year of birth indicates a certain phase or aspect of sixty year circle of time. Therefore, you may find yourself born in the year of dog, horse or rat or even a dragon. Hence, people who are born in a particular animal year share certain common traits. This is just like the people born in common zodiac do. Get Complete Life Predictions Report (manually prepared by AskGanesha Astrologer)
Indian astrology also recommends fruitful remedies.
Based on the horoscope and Vedic principles, everyone need to appease different deity or planets. Worshipping the 9 planets will help in reducing the malefic effects of all nine planets. Best Puja recommended to appease 9 planets is Sarvgraha Puja.
The Use of Raashi in Vedic Astrology:
According to the Vedic Astrology, the Raashi of a person is the main segment of the orbital path. Its path is occupied by moon, during the birth of an individual. Moon is given more preference because of its nearness to earth. The position of the moon at the same time also influences the concept like dasha. It is said that naming of the infant child is done according to her/ his sun sign. This is done because each Raashi defines various syllable for naming.
Astrology the Indian Way - Askganesha Astrology by Astrologer Amit