Day five brings fifth Devi
Fifth Avtar – Skandamata:
Skandamata is the fifth Avtar of Durga. She is worshipped on the fifth day of the Navratri. This incarnate of Goddess Durga is Parvati. She is associated with being a mother. The another name of skanda is Karthikeya. So, here in this avtar she became the mother of Skanda or Karthikeya. On this day wearing of orange and various shades of orange is advised. And it is also said that offering of red color flowers are considered auspicious.
Manifestation/ Symbolization of Skandamata:
Goddess Skandamata is mounted on the ferocious lion, with four hands. Her upper two hands are seen holding lotus Flowers respectively, while on her down right hand she holds the six faced infant lord Murugan/ Karthikeya. And the left down hand is in Abhay Mudra. She sits on lotus. Hence, she is also called Goddess Padmasana. The complexion of Goddess is Shubhra which describes her white complexion. As she is the true Goddess of purity.
Legends behind Skand Mata:
Legend says that Tadkasur, a great demon, once pleased Lord Brahma with his great devotion and tough penance. He asked him to shower his blessings and make him immortal. However, he denied, saying no one can escape death. But Tadkasur acted smart and asked for a boon that no one accept the son of Lord Shiva can kill him. Since he thought he would never get married.
Shiva married Parvati and their combined energies gave birth to Lord Murugan.
Benefits of Skand mata Puja:
- A devotee who worships r gets the benefit of worshipping Lord Karthikeya as well.
- Her elegant appearance mesmerizes the worshippers. By offering invocation to this divine power, worshippers travel the tranquil Universe in order to pacify their mind and soul.
- She awards her devotees with power, prosperity and wisdom. Worshipers get the energy to fight against the materialistic wishes and focuses on eternal peace.
- Hence, Worshiping her helps the worshipers and devotees to achieve the profound blessings. The devotees who worship Skandamata with pure heart and devotions shine with divine splendor.
- Since she governs the planet Mercury. So those people who are suffering from Buddh dosh can pray to her for their dosh nivaran.
Since Goddess is also an incarnation of Goddess Durga, so she also provides with strength and fearlessness. Therefore, it would be good if you perform the Durga Puja, to get the divine blessings on this NavratriWorship Skandmata on fifth day of Navratri - Askganesha by