The 3rd night of Navratri- brings Goddess Chandraghanta
The 3rd night for third Incarnation:
The third night is for third Incarnation – Chandraghanta. This incarnation of Goddess Parvati is the incarnation of married form of the Goddess. She is the married form of Goddess Parvati. Married to Lord Shiva, Mahagauri started to adore a half moon oh her fore head hence called as Chandraghanta. The Half moon on the fore head looks like a bell. She is also known as Chandraghanta, Chandika or Ramchandi. Her name means “one who has a half-moon shaped like a bell”. Colour to wear on this day is grey.
Manifestation of Goddess:
She is depicted as sitting on a tigress with ten hands. Her four left hands have Trishul, Gada, sword and Kamandal. And also on the fifth hand there is a Vadran Mudra respectively. And on the four right hands she is seen carrying Lotus Flower, Arrow, Dhanush, Jap Mala, and on her fifth right hand it is Abhay Mudra. She rides on lion, the procession of Goddess Durga.
Legend of Maa Chandraghanta:
Lord Shiva had taken oath not to marry any woman. But Parvati’s sufferings and penance overwhelmed him so much that he gave up and agreed to marry Parvati. On the day of marriage, he accompanied gods, ghosts, aghoris, and shivaganas to take her as bride Parvati. Parvati appears to Shiva and sees his fearsome form. So to save her parents and other family members she transforms herself into Goddess Chandraghanta.
Benefit of Worshipping Maa Chandraghanta:
- People, who worship Maa Chandraghanta, are bestowed with power and insight.
- Maa Chandraghanta Worshippers Rewards with bravery, and courage, all the problems get resolved.
- Furthermore, Goddess Chandraghanta Bestows with strength, and a sense of justice.
- Goddess Chandraghanta provides with qualities of leadership, which enables us to excel in all fields.
- Chandraghanta is also worshiped to vanish the miseries of life.
- Furthermore, Grace and glory of Goddess Chandraghanta is eternal.
- Since, Chandraghanta governs the Planet Shukra. Hence all the ill effects of the same can be removed after her worship.
Since Goddess, Chandraghanta is also an incarnation of goddess Durga, so she also provides with strength and fearlessness. It would be good if you perform the Durga Puja, to get the divine blessings on this NavratriNavratri Third Day - Worship Goddess Chandraghanta - Askganesha by Abhishek Dhawan